Now, all those near and dear to me will know that I don’t focus on healthy cooking, but… When Chef Lynn Crawford is the doing the cooking, I will make an exception!
The evening ended with some hands-on cooking by the audience, preparing Chef Crawford’s recipe of Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing. Photos were taken all around, prepping tips were given by the Chef, and chatter and laugher engulfed the room. Kudos and a big thank you to the marketing team who put together such a professional event and did a fantastic job on selling and explaining this excellent new product. Thank you Chef Crawford for imparting such energetic, and hilarious wisdom upon us, and for being a great host!
All images from the event provided by Gail Bergman PR.
(Easy Peasy) Pesto with Catelli Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains Spaghettini
Yield: 2 entrée portionsIngredients 200g (approx. half the box) Catelli Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains Spaghettini 3 garlic cloves, large 1/2 cup pine nuts 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, coarsely grated + additional for garnishment 1 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp ground pepper, freshly ground 3 cups basil leaves, fresh, preferably Genoese/sweet 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1) In a pot of salted water, cook pasta to al dente according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
2) Place garlic in food processor and finely chop. Stop motor and add pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper, basil, and continue to process until finely chopped.
3) While the motor is still running, add oil in a steady stream until incorporated but not completely smooth (we want to maintain some texture).
4) Meanwhile, heat up a large sauté pan to medium-high heat. Quickly fry pesto sauce for a couple minutes, or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add cooked spaghettini and toss until completely coated. Be careful not to overcook the sauce as the cheese will start to melt.
5) Serve hot. Garnish with additional grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Intrigued by this pasta?
Coupons are available here while quantities last.
The deadline to enter is Sunday, April 5th, 2015 at midnight MST. A winner will be chosen by random and contacted by either email or Twitter. Contest is open to Canadian residents only. Good luck and happy healthy eating!